What if I do not have an acceptable photo ID?

If you do not have acceptable photo identification, you may present two items with your name on it from the following list: a utility bill, a bank statement, a car registration, a copy of an income tax return, a personal check with address, a previously issued vital record or marriage license, a letter from a government agency requesting a vital record (for example, the Maine Department of Health and Human Services), a Department of Corrections identification card, a Social Security card, a DD214, a hospital birth worksheet, a license or rental agreement, a pay stub (W-2), a voter registration card, and a school or employee photo ID.  Other forms of identification listing your name, date of birth, and address may also be considered.

Show All Answers

1. How do I obtain copies of birth, death, marriage or domestic partnership records?
2. Why do I need to provide positive identification when requesting a record?
3. What are acceptable forms of identification?
4. What if I do not have an acceptable photo ID?
5. How much do certified copies cost?