Trash & Recycling
Casella Waste provides one truck for both trash and recycling. They collect the trash first, empty and the same truck returns to collect the recycling.
- Trash is collected every Wednesday.
- Must be curbside no later than 7:00 am NOTE: If you wait to put your trash out when you see the truck, it will NOT be picked up.
- Recycling is every other week beginning October 25, 2023
- Must be curbside no later than 7:00 am NOTE: If you wait to put your recycling out when you see the truck, it will NOT be picked up.
- All recyclables can be put in the same container, no need to separate items
- Please empty and rinse all containers as well as flatten and break down cardboard boxes
- No items smaller than 2" in size
- The Town does not supply recycling containers
To ensure your recyclables are collected please follow the recommendations.
- Containers must be CLEARLY marked "RECYCLING". This can be achieved by spray painting the container or obtaining recycling stickers from the Town Office.
- It is helpful if the recycling container is a different color than your trash container.
- Separate the recycling container from the trash container. We recommend placing the recycling on one side of your driveway and the trash on the other.
- Where can I dispose of furniture, appliances, construction debris etc.?
The Town holds a bulky waste cleanup once in the Spring. If you need to dispose of these items before or after the cleanup, for a fee you may take them to Northstar Waste or Pine Tree Transfer Station, Hampden.
- What should I put my recyclables in?
Recyclables may be put in any type of tote, can etc. The Town Office has recycle stickers available, free of charge for residents.
- What day is Recycling?
Recycling is every other week beginning October 25, 2023.
- What day is trash removal?
Trash collection is every Wednesday and must be curbside no later than 7 am.
- What can I do with expired or unwanted medications?
Expired or unwanted medications can be taken to the Town Office and deposited into the Med Return box.